Camping in comfort
Our bush tents are nestled discretely in the native bush. Each bush tent sleeps 2 people with comfortable beds and linen. Each tent has electric light. They have spacious communal bathrooms, showers and toilets. There is a large well equipped communal kitchen which has gas stoves, fridges and all the necessary cooking equipment and utensils. There is an open, social dining area, boma and braai area. The bush tents are ideal for Dive and social groups, friends and families.
To make your stay with us more comfortable the following information will be helpful:
We suggest you bring -
- Towels and personal toiletries.
- Mozzie repellent spray or cream (no candles or coils allowed).
- Battery operated fan.
- A torch.
- Deck chairs.
- Medium size cooler box for drinks (ice is available to purchase in the town)
- Fire lighters – wood and charcoal can be purchased in the market.
- Food – there is a local market, supermarket, bottle store, butcher and bakery in town so most things are available locally but we tend to recommend you bring your own food and drinks. There are several restaurants in town if you wish to eat out. Please note that prices are not comparable to South Africa.
Please note a few things about our camp & facilities
- Your Bush tent has beds, bed linen and electric lights.
- The communal kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary kitchen items including a gas stove and a fridge. The fridges are shared but if the camp is not full we will try to allocate you your own fridge. Please note that the fridges are primarily for food storage so we ask that you bring a medium size cooler box for your drinks.
- There is a boma area with braais and a fire pit for your use.
- The kitchen & tents are serviced by maids to keep the dishes washed and the area tidy. If you wish to leave a tip for them at the end of your stay please give it to us and we will pass it on to the staff.
- We try to keep the camp eco friendly with low noise levels. No quad bikes are allowed in the camp they will need to be parked at the gate. Music must be kept at a reasonable level and no music is allowed after 10:00pm.
- We are located in the bush and share our environment with the local creatures, please keep your tents zipped closed and don’t leave food out for the monkeys.
- The camp is on septic tanks.